Shoreline Arts Alliance presents Shakespeare on the Shoreline
August 2 – 6, 2017, nightly at 7:30pm
Pre Show Talks at 6:30pm nightly.
Five FREE outdoor performances of classic theater on the historic Guilford Green. 2017 celebrates our 16th annual season bringing 5 nights of family-friendly entertainment to residents and visitors. According to the Wall Street Journal, “Shakespeare on the Shoreline is the most popular and well recognized cultural mainstay of the community, drawing crowds from all over the area and beyond with its engaging, entertaining and educational performances.” Bring picnics, chairs, blankets and enjoy free theatre under the stars on the historic Guilford Green. Please see below for accessibility features.
Returning from his role as King Lear in 2014 is Dr. David Richman playing the part of Prospero.
Increased Accessibility for Main Stage performances of The Tempest (Aug. 2 – 6)
- American Sign Interpreters: at selected main stage performance and pre and post show talk backs. (Aug 2, 3, 5)
- Large Print and Braille Programs at all performance.
- Assisted Listening Devices at all performance.
- Increased Exit Lighting at the end of all performances.
- Volunteer escorts for assistance getting on and off the Green at all performances.
- All above services are FREE.
Pre and Post Show Talk Backs – Pre show at 6:30pm under the tent and post shows at the stage immediately following final curtain.
All forums are free and all locations open to the public.
Daytime Children & Family Performance: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
FREE and All Are Welcome
Scheduled to date:
August 3, 10am Blackstone Library (Branford)
August 4, 9:30am Jacobs Beach (Guilford)
There are volunteer opportunities available, email firstname.lastname@example.org