JOIN OUR TEAM
Shoreline Arts Alliance welcomes high school students to get involved in our organization as Interns, Junior Ambassadors and Junior Board Members. If you have an interest in the arts, want to learn more about nonprofit work, or explore your interest in a specific artistic field we have a place for you!
Shoreline Arts Alliance Intern
- Work 2 – 3 days a week over the summer on a project that reflects your interests
- Explore a specific career interest, like marketing and communication
- Work closely with the CEO of Shoreline Arts Alliance to define and implement your project
- Serve as a representative of Shoreline Arts Alliance in the community, educating others about its mission and goals
- Assist as a volunteer for Shoreline Arts Alliance with various initiatives and events over the course of a year
- Duties may include welcoming attendees and handing out programs at events, escorting guests to and from their seats, assisting with set-up at fundraising events, attending events in an effort to educate the community about our mission
- The responsibilities of a Junior Ambassador can be designed to fit your schedule.
Junior Board Members
- Educate peers and the community about Shoreline Arts Alliance programs and initiatives
- Work to build Shoreline Arts Alliance membership
- Volunteer at various Shoreline Arts Alliance events
- Assist in recruiting Junior Ambassadors
- Provide input as it relates to programming and Shoreline Arts Alliance initiatives
- Chair and/or serve on one or more of Shoreline Arts Alliance’s task forces
- Foster relationships with the Board of Directors
How do I become an SAA Intern, Junior Ambassador, or Junior Board Member?
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an intern or ambassador, please email a resume or a list of your current interests and activities to email@example.com. Upon receiving your materials we will contact you to schedule an informational meeting for you to learn about Shoreline Arts Alliance and for us to learn more about you. We accept applicants from December to early June for Interns. Junior Ambassadors can join throughout the year. Junior Board Members are selected from our Interns and Junior Ambassadors.
How long do I serve as an Intern, Ambassador, or Junior Board Member?
We hope that you stay involved throughout your high school experience but we ask that you re-evaluate your commitment on a yearly basis. If the Shoreline Arts Alliance Board Liaison determines that you have not fulfilled your obligations as an Intern, Ambassador, or Junior Board Member, or if your situation changes and you recognize your inability to fulfill your duties, we ask that you step down.
Our hope is that you will enjoy educating, encouraging, enriching, and engaging the Shoreline community in the arts and also have the opportunity to hone your skills and explore your interests. We value your time and will do our best to make your involvement with Shoreline Arts Alliance fulfilling. Your participation can be included in your college and/or job applications and during your high school years, your time served in this capacity can be documented for community service requirements. Although this position is unpaid, we believe that the experience is a good investment of your time.