Now in its 36th Year, IMAGES recognizes and celebrates the talent and passion of photographers throughout Connecticut. Submissions are open to amateur and professional photographers of all ages. Photographers juried into this renowned show have their work on exhibition at the Mill Gallery of the Guilford Art Center for three weeks.
How does IMAGES benefit the artist?
- Work is reviewed by a panel of professionals in the field of photography
- Work juried into the show is exhibited in professional gallery space at Guilford Art Center
- Photographers are welcomed and encouraged to be part of the committee to assist with outreach, submissions, hanging, reception, and de-installation
- Artists may view on-line videos for instruction on matting work and how to present work for jurying
- Artists have guidance and support during the submission process
- Artists may view a gallery of previous IMAGES shows on-line
- Exhibition is open to the public for three-weeks, seven days per week
- Catalogs are produced with a complete listing of artwork, artists, towns, medium, and awards
- An Artists’ Statement Binder is provided to familiarize visitors with the individual artists participating in the exhibition
- Artists’ Reception is hosted by Shoreline Arts Alliance for artists, family members, and friends
- Awards are as follows:Four First Honors Cash Awards of $500, one Special Award of $250, Honorable Mention non-cash awards are also given
- A Gallery Talk is provided for artists and the public
- One or more of the Jurors often attend the Artists’ Reception or the Gallery Talk giving artists the opportunity to meet those that reviewed the work
- Exhibition is promoted through print and social media
- Work may be sold at the artist’s request
How does IMAGES benefit the community?
- Community is invited to celebrate the gifts of talented/passionate photographers from across the state
- Exhibition is free
- An Artists’ Statement Binder is provided to familiarize visitors with the individual artists participating in the exhibition and includes a glossary of techniques and media
- Much of the artwork is for sale at affordable prices
- High Schools students are invited to be a part of the Submissions, Jurying and Hanging process as an educational opportunity
- Public is invited to the Artists’ Awards Reception providing the opportunity to meet and talk with many of those juried into the show
How can you help?
- Volunteer for submissions, installation, de-installation, reception.
- Sponsor/Memorial Gift.
- Purchase Work for Sale
Submission of Work
- Submission Dates:
- Friday, March 16 from 4-7pm
- Saturday, March 17 from 10am-4pm
- Sunday, March 18 from 10am-4pm
- Submission Fees:
# Prints SAA Member Non-Member
3 $25.00 $30
4 $28.80 $36
5 $33.60 $42
6 $38.40 $48
7 $43.20 $54
8 $48.00 $60
9 $52.80 $66
10 $57.60 $72
- Exhibition: Saturday, March 24 through Saturday, April 14. Noon-4pm daily, open until 7pm on Thursdays GAC Gallery.
- Awards Reception: Friday, March 23 from 6-8pm. (Snow dates Saturday, March 24 from 4-6pm and Sunday, March 25 from 3-5pm)
*Gallery Talk date, Jurors, and Sponsors are TBD