Further Submission Info
- Restrictions: Students must live in or attend school in one of the 24-designated Shoreline Arts Alliance towns. These are: Branford, Chester, Clinton, Cromwell, Deep River, Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, East Haven, East Lyme, Essex, Guilford, Haddam, Killingworth, Lyme, Madison, Middlefield, Middletown, North Branford, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Portland, Salem, Westbrook.
- All 2-D work must be presented matted with no larger than 6-inch mat all around and backed with mat board, foam core or other substantial material. Work may not be framed or wired for hanging. For questions please see contact information below. 3-D work must be presented with all parts secured. Shoreline Arts Alliance will not be responsible for work that is extremely fragile or is not submitted with all parts securely attached or fastened.
- Shoreline Arts Alliance reserves the right to re-categorize entries or combine categories.
- All work must have a duplicate identification tag attached for entry into the jurying process. Link to PDF of identification tag or contact office (see below).
- Jurying Day: February 10, 10am – whenever done. (In case of snow we will Jury on Sunday, February 11 from noon – whenever done).
- Hanging: February 12, 9am – whenever done. (In case of snow we will Hang on Tuesday, February 13 from 9am – whenever done).
- Awards Reception: Sunday, February 25, 3pm – 5pm (If snow it will be March 4, 3pm – 5pm).
Awards and Reception
- Shoreline Arts Alliance will present awards for: First, Second and Third Place in each category as determined by the Jurors. Best In Show as determined by the Jurors. The Ruth Baxter Award as determined by the Jurors. The Judy Streeter Award to the Outstanding High School Art Department as determined by the Committee.
- Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts will present awards for: Scholarship as determined by Faculty of the College Continuing Education as determined by Faculty of the College.
- Awards Reception will be Sunday, February 26 from 3 – 5pm at the Sill House Gallery. Awards are presented at 4pm in the Chauncey Stillman Gallery.
Pick Up of Work
Work in the show may be picked up on Wednesday, March 9 and Thursday, March 10 between 2:30pm – 4:30pm. All work must be picked up by Thursday afternoon March 10. Work not juried into the show may be picked up on Sunday, February 28 or March 9 or 10 (see above).